We are seeking motivated, experienced, and reliable individuals to join our team in various EMR/OFA Level 3 positions throughout the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Roles & Responsibilities
As an EMR, your main role on site is to provide emergency response to crews in the event of an injury, illness, or emergency situation. Our EMRs will:
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care including oxygen therapy, CPR, spinal immobilization, bandaging, and splinting
- Apply adjunctive equipment for ventilation and circulation complications, administer medications as per scope of practice, and provide other advanced treatment
- Collect and maintain pertinent and confidential patient medical information and maintain detailed records of the nature of injuries/illnesses and treatment provided
- Assist medevac personnel with provision of medical treatment as necessary
- Maintain ambulances and emergency care equipment and supplies
Successful applicants must:
- Have a valid, unrestricted EMR/OFA Level 3 certificate from a recognized training institution (e.g. Canadian Red Cross)
- Have previous EMR/OFA Level 3 and safety experience (industrial experience is an asset)
- Maintain an air of friendly professionalism
- Possess a reasonable level of fitness
- Be comfortable working long hours for many consecutive days
- Be able to maintain positive relations with a wide range of individuals
- Be extremely safety conscious
- Remain calm and collected in emergency situations
- Have effective communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Have a valid Class 4 driver’s license
For this position, construction and mining industry safety experience is an asset.
Transportation to and from site, as well as meals and accommodations, will be provided by 62 Degrees North. A criminal record check is required. We provide competitive salaries based on experience and are an equal opportunity employer. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.