Start a rewarding career with 62 Degrees North
Work With Us
The 62 Degrees North team is growing! We’re hiring for positions throughout the Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
62 Degrees North is an equal opportunity employer. We provide competitive salaries and a supportive work environment. Where applicable, we provide transportation to and from site, meals, and accommodations.
If you’re an experienced, reliable medical professional seeking rewarding work, email email@example.com to apply today. Grow your medical career with a company that recognizes achievements and encourages growth.
Medical Professional for EMT/PCP role in NT/YT
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and reliable individual to join our team in an Emergency Medical Technician/Primary Care Paramedic (EMT/PCP) position for an upcoming project.
Roles & Responsibilities
As an EMT/PCP, your main role on site is to provide emergency response to crews in the event of an injury, illness, or emergency situation. Our EMTs/PCPs roles and responsibilities include:
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care including oxygen therapy, CPR, spinal immobilization, bandaging, and splinting
- Establish and maintain IV treatment, apply adjunctive equipment for ventilation and circulation complications, administer medications, and provide other advanced treatment
- Collect and maintain pertinent and confidential patient medical information and maintain detailed records of the nature of injuries/illnesses and treatment provided
- Assist medevac personnel with the provision of medical treatment as necessary
- Maintain ambulances and emergency care equipment and supplies
The successful applicant must:
- Have a valid, unrestricted EMT/PCP certificate with Canadian registration
- Have previous EMT/PCP and safety experience (industrial experience is an asset)
- Maintain an air of friendly professionalism
- Possess a reasonable level of fitness
- Be comfortable working long hours for many consecutive days
- Be able to maintain positive relations with a wide range of individuals
- Be extremely safety conscious
- Remain calm and collected in emergency situations
- Have effective communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Have a valid Class 4 driver’s license
Transportation to and from site, as well as meals and accommodations, will be provided by 62 Degrees North. A criminal record check is required. We provide competitive salaries based on experience and are an equal opportunity employer. Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.